Go to Arro.co →
About the role
Our team is growing and we are currently looking for a Founding Engineer to build upon the foundations of the product and help it take off. Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about performance, reliability, and design with the experience and credentials to back up that passion. Someone who can take ownership of applications, solve technical challenges and take pride in their solutions and code.
What we’re looking for from you:
- 5+ years experience in software development.
- have at least one well-performing application project to be shared and/or 6 months of commercial experience in Flutter development.
- have experience using APIs to integrate applications with server-side systems.
- have experience with GraphQL both on server and client-side.
- have experience with reactive programming or willingness to learn it.
- have in-depth knowledge of Dart, especially asynchronous APIs around streams.
- are familiar with continuous integration tools.
What else we might expect from you:
- can communicate well in English (CEFR B2+).
- know how to collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and ship new features.
- take pride in the look and feel of the apps you build with a good design eye and product sense.
- enjoy fixing bugs and improving application performance.
- are on a self-driven quest to discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximise development efficiency — mainly because that’s what you enjoy.
This is our first engineering hire so you’ll be a key member of the team tasked with contributing to a number of core features on Arro. If you fit the description and you think you’d like to work in a scrappy but supportive startup environment, we’d love to hear from you!